Why It’s Important to Complete Your Home-Care Exercises


Many times, when we visit a physician (and more specifically a chiropractor), we are given therapeutic exercises to try at home. Many of these are stretches or other small movements that can help us heal through our pains and allow more movement into our lives. But according to Dr. Kent S. Salholm, DC at TLC Chiropractic, in a recent study, it was found that most patients ignore their at-home therapeutic exercises.

This study discussed that it was common for chiropractors to provide take-home sheets with the therapeutic exercises on them. It revealed that only 5% of people actually try these take-home exercises ONCE. The other 95% of patients never tried them at all. This is unfortunate to hear, as these exercises have been proven to help provide better long-term results in your healing and care.

So, Dr. Salholm discovered that it was better to run through these exercises with each patient during their session. When patients perform these exercises with the doctor and are given a physical memory of them, most of them did, in fact, complete the at-home exercises.

These exercise are important to put in your daily routine, as they will help you increase your range of motion and flexibility, will allow you to decrease your pain, and allow you to build muscle strength. Plus, there’s nothing wrong with getting up and moving throughout your day. It helps get the blood pumping which can, inevitably, put you in a better mood, as well.

So, if you’ve been injured in an accident, not only should you check out our list of medical professional who work on a lien basis, but you should also listen to the healthcare provider you are working with and take their advice to heart. They have your best interest in mind, and you can help decrease your pain, even from home, by following their advice.

Watch more in Dr. Salholm’s Quick Tip Here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSKI1xAnji2/